Little Egg Harbor School District
Visual and Performing Arts Curriculum
To empower students to develop creative and critical thinking, social-emotional competencies, and intellectual and expressive abilities that will allow them to become active, contributing members of a global society.
All students will have equitable access to a quality arts education that leads to artistic literacy and fluency in the artistic practices of the five art disciplines (dance, music, theatre, visual arts, and media arts) as a mechanism for:
- Performing, presenting or producing, as artistically literate individuals, by expressing and realizing creative ideas and implementing essential technical skills and cognitive abilities significant to many aspects of life and work in the 21st century;
- Responding to artistic ideas and work with personal meaning and cognizance of the ability of the arts to address universal themes, including climate change;
- Creating new artistic work reflective of a variety of ethnic, racial, and cultural perspectives; and
- Connecting and evaluating how the arts convey meaning through all arts and non-arts disciplines and contexts of our global society.
The vision of all students having equitable access to a quality arts education is only achieved when the five arts disciplines are offered continuously throughout the K–12 spectrum.
Visual and Performing Arts Curriculum Guides
- Grades K-2 General Music
- Grades 3-5 General Music
- Grade 6 General Music
- Grades 4-6 Instrumental Music